Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Forwarding issue 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

riptech

Technical User
Sep 19, 2002
US
We have a 9751 Rolm system with a release 9005.6.84 and have a target forwarding issue. According to the Rolm Manual you can forward 4 times with software above 9005.1.73.

The issue is that internal and external calls will only forward only two times and then the next caller get a busy signal.

I have set up extension 2411 to forward 2957 under Busy internal and extenal conditions and 2957 to forward to 2958 under same condtions.

I'm running a ROLM Mod 70 with 9005.6.84 and enhancement 83.

I set up a DID 2204 to fwd to ext 3384 to fwd to ext 3385 to fwd to ext 3386 to fwd to ext 2456 to fwd to ext 2298 to fwd to ext 2801 under all conditions. Called from a business line to DID NNN-2204 call was forwarded properly to each target until ext 2298 where it stayed ringing and call timed out. So I was able to forward to 5 targets before call stopped.

As a general user you may have other restraints, eg. COS, Auth codes, load on system, etc.

Talk with your maintenance company about your system configuration and software patches applied.

the set will forward 4 times, not 4 callers at the same time, if two calls come in and they are ringing all the forward targets the call will follow the hunt, not the forward

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

What I remember from the 9005 is.. The system wanted to keep the originating extension so when you send it to voicemail it would go to 2411's voicemail. It never liked two DNDs in the target forwarding.
Hunt group will work better sometime. I would setup a test with only one target forward and only one condition BUSY.

johnpoole and donporter are correct. Hunt groups are a better plan if call coverage is what you are trying to get. The call forward feature is best used for roll-over lines and Phonemail.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back