Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Forwarding issue from NON existent extension 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

telemarksman

Vendor
Dec 19, 2007
US
Customer has Partner ACS R 5.0 with 308 processor and two 308 EC cards.

So highest Ext. is 33.

Problem now is Ext. 21 kept getting calls when main lines ring, and display says forwarded from Ext. 47.
Also if receptionist during testing rings Int. 47 it goes to Ext. 21 with the display message forwarded from 47.

So I went into Sta. programming Ext. 47, which doesn't really seem to be physically present, and set all lines to no ring.
I also went to 21 and did Feature 11 followed by 21 21 .

But it seems if you press Int. 47 it will still go to Ext.21 and display will read Forwarded from 47.

Now here is where it gets really interesting. Last week when I furnished them another 34D for Ext.10 I also programmed some new DSS keys for Ext. 10 and 11 which both have 34D phones and act as two receptionists.

And I defaulted Ext.'s 31, 32, and 33 voice mail PW due to three new employees.

The company wants everyone to use the same default PW which is 4 7 2 1 . So I told the employees to log in and set the PW .
Go figure. Reasonable thoughts anyone?

I know TouchToneTommy probably has the answer!

alwayslearning

do feature 11 47 47 to cancel the forwarding from 47 to 21.
Mike

I do not have an actual 47.
In my first post I mentioned the Exts. only go up to 33.
So, how do I get to ext. 47 to do the Feature 11, 47 47 ??

alwayslearning

Oh, I did not know that? !! It was beyond my comprehension. I many times fail to see the easy obvious stuff!

Thank you TTT as always, and thank you teletechman

alwayslearning

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back