Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Forwarding/HG issues on Legend

Status
Not open for further replies.

RingTHIS

Programmer
Aug 23, 2012
US
Legend 7.0(I think) with Audix, AA=24/7, POTS lines only in switch. Customer recently had a major downsize(and more to come soon) and would like to be able to forward all of the now empty phones(approximately 50 MLX-10D's) to a destination with a live person answering. She doesn't want the arduous task of going into each mailbox and putting on a new greeting indicating so and so. Forwarding via a trunk to trunk transfer is not an option. I can't forward to a HG. There is a HG of 772 that contains 4 phones in tech support(211,212,213,214). I tried to set up a "dummy" extension, both via adjunct and physical extension, have the empty phones forward to this dummy phone, and then put coverage buttons for the dummy phone on the phones in 772. This does not work with forwarded phones. I considered renumbering the extensions to default of 71xx so when the extension is dialed from the AA, it can default to a desired ext/group, but I don't know if that is possible. It's been awhile since I've administered the Legend, so any suggestions are appreciated.

Merlinman, great to see you are still at it. I won't post any names but I'm in Chicago and I've called you a few times over the years and your knowledge is unparalleled. Just a thanks for all of your assistance over the last few years.

Just put the Extensions in a DIFFERENT COVER GROUP than the one that goes to Voice Mail, and then have that Cover Group point to a Calling (Hunt) Group (other than Voice Mail) and have the ONLY MEMBER of that Calling Group be the one extension that needs to answer these calls. No Forwarding required. (Perhaps a DND Button -OR- just unplug the set.)

-merlinmansblog.blogspot.com

Worked like a charm! As always, thanks a million.

Jim

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back