Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

forwarding from point 1 to 2 and to 3 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

manek

Technical User
Apr 10, 2003
CZ
Hi,

can you somebody to help? I have phone stations 1 and 2 and 3. When I forward station 1 to station 2 then call comming on station 1 is ringing on station 2, but when I add forwarding from station 2 to station 3 the call designated for station 1 is ringing on station 2 regardless the fact that station 2 is forwarded to station 3.

Thank for help.

Hi,

I think you could better use a coverage path with multiple destignations.

Ecky

coverage would certainly be the way to go on that. a forwarded station will only go the station it is forwarded to. it won't follow any forwarding or coverage on the forwarded-to station.

U can always use the "hunt" feature on the station. Using that the call can hunt all over the pbx. It is alot of fun(sic) to troubleshoot too.

Remember that coverage, or forwarding only follows the redirection of the first called station.
So in order to reach station C from A you have to cover =>b=>c and then =>c from B.
And in fact its a good thing that it works this way, as otherwise the users would be able to put calls in loops they would never get out of...

callers in loops" that is the fun of using the "hunt" feature on the station form. Maybe that is why in 9 years of working on Definitys, I have never seen it used. But it does do what u are wanting. Don't confuse it with a station being a member of a "hunt group".
That is a totally different thing.

Thank you all for answers.
In case of hunt-to station it does not work (I have busy station, hunt-to station is defined and function is permititted in system-parameters coverage-forwarding).

It sounds like a coverage path would be your best bet. In stead of using call forwarding when someone is not at their desk, they can hit send all calls and that call will go to the next point of coverage. If point 2 hits send all calls the calls are routed to point 3. This will work, and is fairly easy to administer. Add a SAC button to each phone (the easiest) or they can use the system feature activation codes to activate or deactivate.

Mike Jones
LSUHSC

If these are calls that need to be answered and can be handled by any of the 3 ext, you might want to look at setting up a terminating extension group. You can have one ext number that rings to mutliple locations at the same time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back