Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Forwarding from disabled user 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

jbud

MIS
Jun 7, 2002
US
Another admin disabled some mailbox-enabled domain accounts, but also set up a Forward to: address under Delivery Options on the Exchange General tab. However, none of the mail is getting forwarded to the mailbox-enabled domain user he chose.

I seem to recall that rules don't work with disabled users, but I can't find it specifically documented anywhere.

Can someone help me fill in the blanks? This is an Ex2000sp3/W2KSP3 environment.

Many thanks.

I had this problem when sales personnel left the company and their accounts had to be disabled. However, the sales manager still needed their emails to be forwarded to his mailbox as well as the accounts disabled for security reasons. Initially the forwarding address did nothing but after I selected the checkbox saying that the mail should be delivered to disabled account as well as forwarded to sales manager everything worked just fine. Hope that this helps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back