Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Forwarding file attachments in Hotmail 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

ragtopcaddy

Programmer
Dec 12, 2003
US
If I'm not mistaken, I used to be able to include file attachments automatically in any msg I forwarded. If I got an amusing jpg as an attachment in a msg, I could just click forward and add addresses and the msg and attachment would be forwarded to the addressees. Now, it looks like I have to save the attached file(s) to my HD and reattach them to the new msg. In other words, it is impossible to forward attachments to other addressees. I might just as well compose a new msg. Is this a new "feature"? Also, there is no mention of how to forward msgs with attachments in the "help" function on the hotmail website. I can't imagine I'm the only hotmail user who has asked this question. Why don't those monkeys at hotmail post something in there FAQs? (rhetorical question) ;-)

Do you use any mail applications such as Outlook or Outlook Express for your email? These apps have settings that allow you to do that. Outlook Express interfaces quite well with Hotmail too.

Yes, but I use hotmail because I can get to my account from any PC anywhere. If I'm on my own PC, I can view my emails in OE, but that's not much of a help. The point is, I thought I used to be able to do this. Hotmail recently showed a different face in my browser. I think they made some changes. This may be another storied MS "improvement" ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back