Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Forwarding Extensions 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

dssfaxman

Technical User
Aug 30, 2001
US
We have a Meridian 1 Option 21 Release 17.76 and I need to program it to automatically roll an old number over to the new number. Does anyone know how to do this? I think that it is done through LD 23 but I am not sure.

Yes you can do it in LD 23.
Create a new ACD with callforward to
the new extension.

LD 23
REQ NEW
TYPE ACD
ACDN xxxx (the old extension)
-
-
-
NCFW xxxx (the new extension)
-
-

good luck :)
geir

Well I tried this procedure and when I try to enter the ACDN, I get the error SCH0707 which is DN conflicts with existing number. Any ideas? Are there any other locations to setup automatic forwarding? I will be setting 3 old extensions to forward to one extension. Thank you geirendre for your help. I am working with Meridian 1 Option 21 Release 17.76.

You will need to remove the old extention before you can re-use the number as an ACD-DN. At the moment if the extention exists then you will get the SCH code you suggested.

Cheers

Other possibilities are "Phantom DNs".
Or, if the old numbers are called from the outside only AND you are using IDC (incoming digit conversion), you could map the old numbers to the new one (LD48 or 49, it weas some years ago...).
bye,
chris

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back