Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Forwarding Email to Another Domain w/Trust

Status
Not open for further replies.

sleapz

IS-IT--Management
Jun 1, 2010
US
Ok, here's the issue.
I have a user that has an account with our domain that now also has an account with our corporate domain (established trust) and wants his emails sent to our domain auto-forwarded to his corp address.

I tried adding a contact with the corp SMTP address to set as the forward option under the Delivery Options in Exchange General, which obviously didn't work because we have the trust and the account already exists in the organization.

I also tried just adding his corp address in the Delivery Options section of Exchange General and am getting the following error, which I haven't been able to find a solution for:

"A constraint violation occurred.

Facility: LDAP Provider
ID no: 8007202f
Microsoft Active Directory - Exchange Extension"

Any help is appreciated.

No go, after setting that attribute and sending an email to his address in our domain I get a bounce back message saying:

This is an automatically generated Delivery Status Notification.

Delivery to the following recipients failed.

user@domain.com

I forgot to add that attached to the bounce back message is a .txt file that lists the following:

Reporting-MTA: dns;ourdomain.com

Final-Recipient: unknown;user@corpdomain.com
Action: failed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back