Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Forwarding assistant offsite with Answer DN from Boss

Status
Not open for further replies.

PhonesBrokeHuh

IS-IT--Management
Oct 2, 2003
US
I have been kicking this one around for a bit. The setup is as below.
1. All sets have their own Target line, ring only with 2 appearances.
2. An administrative assistant has an Answer DN('s) from their boss or bosses extension on their set.
3. The site is requesting that all phone have the ability to forward to cell or home if needed.
4. When the assistant forwards her set, and the boss gets a call. The calls to the boss's set -all forward to the assistants cell or fwd to number.
5. System is MICS 7.0 with PRI. (Call pilot 150 3.0 also)

I tried:
1. Setting the bosses target line to private, (that didn't work, didn't ring admin
2. Tried building a hunt group withy the bosses target assigned and put it on admins phone (this worked, but calls internally were getting by the admin)

Any thoughts?

Big Clem

Addenum- On the Answer DN, it is set to Appear and Ring on the admin's set. (appear only worked, but admin didn't know calls wee coming)

Big Clem

Try pulling his extension number out of the hunt group but make sure his target line is still assigned to it.

Phonehed in Dallas

I might want to try assigning the bosses target line to appear & ring on the admin's phone instead of using the answer dn.

PhoneLady

Phonehed, bosses extension is not in the hunt group's extension list, just the admin.

PhoneLady, tried that, treated the call like it was the admins and would go to her voicemail.

Thanks
Big Clem

I'm not sure I really have the big picture on your particular scenario there and this may or may not help but if I'm not mistaken, hunt group ringing is the only ringing ignored by the call forwarding, forward on busy and the forward no answer commands. If the admin set has an answer dn for the boss OR if his target line rings on the admin set, that may be where your conflict is.

Phonehed in Dallas

Can't you program a buttons on the bosses' telephone that will forwared the calls? You could teach the assistant how to program it manually, but better to put button. I think feature 74 with link option and the link feature available from the lec.

change"on paper" execs extensions to hg dn's so external call are xxx-xxx-xxxx internal call will be hg dn 700,701,702 this way aa gets internal call"assign them to each hunt group" and assign them to DID hunt group

remember you cant change ext on sys to hg dn but only change internal intercom list for office

I have a cuetomer with a Norstar MICS 6.0 XC. THey are extensive users of answer DN. I find that answer DN's appearing on a set will often send a call to the answer DN mailbox instead of the mailbox of the orignal called station. This seems to be intermittent. In previous software levels this didn't happen. Station voicemail always answered it's own calls. Is this a feature of the software or is it a malfunction? How do I correct it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back