Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Forwarding and MARP or LHK 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tman45

IS-IT--Management
Jun 26, 2007
US
I have a question in regards to this:

MARP is used for forward no answer and hunt on multiple appearance DNs. The MARPed DN will follow the FDN and HUNT prompts on the phone.
Manual Call Forward using the Call Forward key does not look at MARP. The DN to be placed on Manual Call Forward must appear on Key 0 or be a single appearance on the phone.

I have a phone where I am only attempting to manual forward ONLY Key 0 but it is also forwarding Key 1 and 2. Then I also need Key 1 and Key 2 to reach voicemail for that user. Basically, when the employee is away from her desk she needs to forward to security (on every call to Key 0) but she also needs to get voicemail on her Key 1 and Key 2 (but currently those are forwarding via the manual forward).
I am thinking it is because of MARPing ... or LHK since HUNT I have defined as Key 2's DN - I don't think MARPing was every really explained well to me ...
Really we just need to forward the 2432 Help Desk to 2464 without disturbing her calls and voicemail. I moved it to her primary key to attempt to forward it manually. I can remove the MARP on 2432 because it is supposed to be MARPd on a different phone but I forgot to put 'no' at the MARP prompt ...

TN 248 0 02 06 VIRTUAL
TYPE 1140
CDEN 8D
CTYP XDLC
CUST 0
NUID
NHTN
CFG_ZONE 00001
CUR_ZONE 00001
MRT
ERL 1
ECL 0
FDN 5000
TGAR 2
LDN NO
NCOS 5
SGRP 0
RNPG 0
SCI 0
SSU
LNRS 16
XLST
CLS UNR FBD WTA LPR MTD FNA HTA TDD HFA CRPA
MWA LMPN RMMD AAD IMD XHD IRA NID OLA VCE DRG1
POD SLKD CCSD SWD LNA CNDA
CFTD SFD MRD DDV CNID CDCA MSID DAPA BFED RCBD
ICDD CDMD LLCN MCTD CLBD AUTU
GPUD DPUD DNDD CFXD ARHD CLTD ASCD
CPFA CPTA ABDD CFHD FICD NAID BUZZ AGRD MOAD AHD
DDGA NAMA
DRDD EXR0
USMD USRD ULAD RTDD RBDD RBHD PGND OCBD FLXD FTTC DNDY DNO3 MCBN
VOLA VOUD CDMR PRED RECD MCDD T87D SBMD
KEM3 MSNV FRA PKCH MUTA MWTD DVLD CROD ELCD
CPND_LANG ENG
RCO 0
HUNT 2050
LHK 2
LPK 1
PLEV 02
PUID
UPWD
DANI NO
AST
IAPG 0
AACS NO
ITNA NO
DGRP
MLWU_LANG 0
MLNG ENG
DNDR 0
KEY 00 SCR 2432 1 MARP
CPND
NAME xxxxHelpDesk XPLN 27
DISPLAY_FMT FIRST,LAST
01 SCR 2286 1 MARP
CPND
NAME xxxxxx XPLN 27
DISPLAY_FMT FIRST,LAST
02 SCR 2050 D MARP
CPND
NAME xxxxxx XPLN 27
DISPLAY_FMT FIRST,LAST
03 MSB
05 ADL 16
16 MWK 5000
17 TRN
18 AO6
19 CFW 5 52464
20 RGA
21 PRK
22 RNP
24 PRS
25 CHG
26 CPN

Update - I even tried removing MARP on Key 0 and setting LHK to 0 and HUNT to voicemail (5000) and the phone is still manually forwarding the MARP extensions (2286/2050) along with Key 0 ... is there some other way to separate these - I really don't want to use a phone just for 2432. On our Siemens system it is separate and works fine but the forwarding is a LOT different ...

We just need Key 1 and Key 2 calls to reach voicemail and Key 0 calls to forward to a different extension ... I will search some other posts ...

You need to MARP key 0 to this phone
then the other 2 keys need to be marped to another phone.
You can build virtual phones and heve the other 2 extension MARPED to them.

LHK is only if they dial the same DN and the call hunts up the keys.

Yeah I wondered if I might need to divide to a separate phone ... Key 1 and Key 2 HAVE to be on a physical phone as that is her phone to use. 2432 could be virtual, but it is the number that she needs to answer on her phone or be able to forward from her phone to another extension.
Thanks for letting me know that I need Key 0 MARPing for sure - guess I was just confused because it states that manual forwarding DOES NOT follow MARPing ... Manual Call Forward using the Call Forward key does not look at MARP
Is there any other way to allow manual forwarding on Key 0 but allow Key 1 and Key 2 calls to reach voicemail? The problem is when we do manual forward it sends Key 1 and Key 2 calls to the forward destination also ... we want those to ring to the physical phone and go into voicemail if she is not there.

THANK YOU very much guys!! I was able to meet all the requirements (except Outgoing Line Preference of Key 1) but I will just build a CLID entry to display her number instead of the Key 0.

Oh, just one thing to add - I also had to set XMWK 5000 2286 to be able to send message waiting light notification to her phone. It worked before I built the phantom extensions but after so her light would not light. It works now :) and the CLID change works :)
If only we could do something for Outgoing Line Preference ... the current setup will suffice for what we need though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back