Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Forwarding an "appointment" -> Sender receives "rejected" message 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

TSch

Technical User
Jul 12, 2001
DE
Hi folks,

sorry for my english but I'm afraid I have no idea what the correct terms are because our Groupwise version is German only.

So I'm going to do my best to translate it ...

Our problem is as follows:

Some user - let's say Mr. Miller - is sending an appointment to another user - let's say Mr. Johnson.

Mr. Johnson is unable to attend the meeting so he forwards the appointment to his replacement (but without rejecting it !) - let's say Mr. Simmons.

What happens is that the Groupwise system automatically informs Mr. Miller that Mr. Johnson has rejected the appointment (Note: He hasn't rejected it, he just forwarded it.) but Mr. Miller is NOT being informed that instead of Mr. Johnson his backup Mr. Simmons has accepted the appointment.

Is there any way to get rid of the confusion caused by this mechanism ?

Regards,
Thomas

Instruct your end users to use the "delegate" ( or delegierte in German) function. This will allow them to properly forward the appointment and send a message to the appointment sender of the proper action.

=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+
Brent Schmidt Senior Network Engineer
Keep IT Simple[/color red] Novell Platinum Partner Microsoft Gold Partner
VMWare Enterprise Partner Citrix Gold Partner

Now that's simple :)

Thanks a lot !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back