Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Forward when busy to 2nd line - CID issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

sasha611v

IS-IT--Management
Feb 17, 2012
US
I am running MCD 4.1 sp2 and having an issue that I am trying to find a work around for. In the past we had our users with just a multicall of their prime line. Now we switched these users to ACD and they started griping about not being able to receive direct calls while they are on a call (goes straight to vm). So I configured a 2nd extension with a different DN and forwarded when busy to this number. The issue I am running into is that they only see the CID of the prime line when it rolls to the back line and they do not see the incoming caller ID until they actually pick up the handset. Does anyone know if there is a way to override this and display the incoming caller phone number instead of where the call is forwarding from?

The simpler solution is to program their internal number directly on the 2nd line. This will also require that you have an associated MWI key.

The prime line is programmed with a different DN and then becomes a key that is only used for ACD.

What's most important is that you realise ... There is no spoon.

With MCD 6.0 the caller id can be displayed instead of where it was forwarded from. It is a new COS option "Display Caller ID On Single Line Displays For Forwarded Calls"

I'm not sure if this will work in your situation as I haven't tested in an ACD environment.

What kind of sets?

I'd tell you a UDP joke but I'm afraid you won't get it. TCP jokes are the best because you always get them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back