Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

forward voicemail fails - mail domain name

Status
Not open for further replies.

bassbo2112

IS-IT--Management
Jun 21, 2010
I'm trying to forward voice mails. Successfully connects and passes email to server running SMTP to relay mail, but when the relay server tries to send the email, it fails due to invalid sender. Altigen is passing the sender as something@IPADDRESS

When I open up AltiServ, I can see the Mail Domain Name (it's using the computers IP address), but the field is not editable (System Management - Messaging Tab). How do I change this. I don't see any mention of this field in any documentation.

I'm using an old version of the Altigen software, version 5.0, update 3.

The SMTP server is setup to email on errors and sends #< #5.5.0 smtp;553 Invalid sender> #SMTP#.

I need to update the Mail Domain Name from an IP address to an actual domain (mycompany.com)

Would love any help to solve this problem.

Thanks

Bo

Figured out the problem.

I added a Primary DNS Suffix to the Altigen server. When I restarted the server the Mail Domain Name in Altigen was using the Primary DNS Suffix and my mail went through.

Anything will work, it just has to be the correct format, something.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back