Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Forward trouble

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lerntmiself

Technical User
Aug 24, 2006
US
I have a user that has forward on busy and no answer. It forwards as it should. If his AA cannot answer, it bounces back to the phone it came from. Keeps looping back and forth until they hang up. I have voicemail turned on at the phone that the calls are forwarded to. The calls used to go to voicemail if they were not answered. I can forward to another phone with VM and have the same trouble. I just cannot get a forwarded call to go to VM. Anybody have any ideas?

it is the diverted phone that requires the VM activation
TH IPO will only follow the settigs for the originating user & will not cascade diverts.

In the telephony tab of the user in manager there is a field called Allocated Answer Interval(secs). This controls how long the call rings before being forwarded. Your default value is too short for the voicemail to kick in, which is why you get a loop, so increase the value until voicemail starts working.

If you already tried this then i'm all out of ideas.

Thanks for the suggestions, I have tried both, still forwarded calls will not divert to VM.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back