Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Forward Transferred calls to voicemail

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vidmine

Technical User
Oct 2, 2008
US
I am running Aura 6.3 and have a user who only wants to receive internal calls.
I can set up enhanced call forwarding to forward all outside calls but we also have a receptionist and when the receptionist transfers a call it does not get forwarded. Is there a way to do this?
I know the receptionist can transfer the call to the users mailbox but I would rather have the system do that.
This is a one off for our receptionist and having them transfer to voicemail will not happen

How many ways are there to call this person?

Couldn't you just treat it like a normal phone but remove their DID or name in the autoattendant to get outside calls straight to voicemail?

He doesn't have DID. Calls come to the auto attendant and you can enter his ext or dial by name.
That part I have taken care of.
The issue I am having is the caller can dial 0 and hit the receptionist and get transferred by the receptionist to the user.
The user wants to be able to receive internal calls. Just not calls transferred by the receptionist.

Actually the easiest way i see is using a coverage path with just the inside settings. Then use next path for just inside calls.

When is the last time you helped someone, just because you were able to?

For the best response to a question, read faq690-6594

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back