Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

forward to vocie Mail to Email 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

carlosattack

Programmer
May 25, 2011
MX
hi everyone

look I have a problem with my mitel 3300 cxi i can´t send the voice mail record to a email adress I alrready program the ip of the email server. in the system options i have the MC4 10.1 version. in the controller .

I already activate send a email and i put the email adress en the field . and in my voice mail i already have the option to re send the vocie mail to a email . but i don´t recive anything in mi inbox of mail

I already check the log events and the controller send me this error

CSMTPClientMsg::processResult - Failed sending Voice Mail to Email: From Vpim: To Mailbox: 1663 To Domain:cgonzale@damuz.com File Name: N_V4dd6404d.089.

Any ideas to find what the problem is i will apriciate your comments.

I don´t know

If I need to program anything else in the controller .

or its a problem with my email server or with my router

Do you have advanced voicemail option enabled?
Also have you enabled the DNS name of the controller in the VM Network server options?

Share what you know - Learn what you don't

yes I already advanced voicemail option enabled, and i have enabled the DNS name of the controller in the VM Network server options.

send the same error maybe the data base of the controller is damaged. i don't know

Hi charles I don´t understand very well the meaning of typo ???

What type of device is receiving the email?

The most likely scenario at this point based on the responses above is that the message is being rejected by the Email server.

What logs are being gerated on that side. Do not assume the issue is with the Mitel. You've already addressed the most likely issues with the Mitel.

One thing I would be asking is does the email server require any form of authentication. (user name and password). if so then you will have a problem because the 3300 cannot provide authentication. I've heard that it may be possible to implement a SMTP relay server app that can accept the message from the Mitel and then deliver the message to the Email Server with authentication but I have no experience with this.

Another possibility is that the message is being diverted by a spam filter or security system.

Start with trying to find out if the Email server is receiving the message and go from there.

What's most important is that you realise ... There is no spoon.

I've seen several times cases where there was a space after the name or the email address.
It would work for some people and then not for others. The ones where it didn't work always had a space after either the name or the email address.
Easy to miss since it all looks right.

Dry Aquaman

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back