Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

forward one public IP address to two different private IP addresses

Status
Not open for further replies.

arie01

Technical User
Nov 24, 2003
CA
Hello,

My organization is using ASA 5510 as a firewall and we run into a certain problem. We have limited number of public addresses and we recently had to modify our fw configuration. As a result of this change, one of our services is not accessible from the outside.

My simple question is this:

Can I configure the fw to use the same public IP address to forward traffic for two completely different services serviced by two servers with two different private IP addresses? If so, what would be the best of doing that?

Thank you in advance,

what version of code are you running??

I hate all Uppercase... I don't want my groups to seem angry at me all the time! =)
- ColdFlame (vbscript forum)

If the two servers are running different services i would suggest using NAT/PAT. then you can use X.X.X.X:80 to route to Y.Y.Y.Y:80 and X.X.X.X:23 to route to Z.Z.Z.Z:23

Michael
"I'm working on it!"

again, i ask what version of code you're running because the NAT config for versions < 8.3 is different than versions >= 8.3

I hate all Uppercase... I don't want my groups to seem angry at me all the time! =)
- ColdFlame (vbscript forum)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back