Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Forward of external mail failing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

pikk67

IS-IT--Management
Nov 10, 2004
CA
Here's the scenario:

Exchange 2003 server, Windows XP/2000 client systems useing Office 2003.

When a client receives an email from an external source through Outlook 2003 and they attempt to forward this message to "All Subscribers" as specified in the Global Address List, the mail will fail and bounce back with a messge indicating that it could not find the recipients. What appears to happen is that Outlook assumes it is an external email (even though the client is trying to forward to internal addresses) and it will automatically go out on the SMTP server as specified in Accounts Properties.

One way I've found around this is to specify which account to send it from but this is a pain. We did not notice this issue in Outlook 2000. Is there another way around this or is this a silly MS idiosyncrasy. BTW: I've specified all my clients external addresses in Exchange.

TIA

P'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back