Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Forward Huntgroup to Mailbox when out to lunch

Status
Not open for further replies.

alexdriver

Programmer
Aug 31, 2007
GB
Hi,
We currently have a huntgroup that consists of 3 DNs

The AA is set up so that this huntgroup will forward to mailbox after 5pm. However on occasions all of the members are out to lunch at the same time. Therefore we want a manual override that one of the members can put on their phone to automatically forward all calls to the huntgroup to the mailbox. I read somewhere that we should change the DN of the hungroup to one of the member's DNs (i.e. 216) and then using Feature 4 forward all calls on that phone. However the BCM Element Manager will not allow me to change the DN of the Huntgroup (currently 445).
Any ideas?

An extension and hunt group cannot have the same DN.

- If you'd like manual control option - try using the ringing group and answer DN combination (after removing hunt group)

alexdriver

1.) you cannot have duplicate dn's on a BCM.
2.) if you already have a mbox set up for your HG it
sounds to me that you just need to program the proper overflow dn.

Thanks for your response norstarboy125.
Am I right in thinking by programming the overflow for the HG, it would only go to the mailbox after a certain amount of time (regardless whether the users are on lunch or not) there would not be any manual override to set this to go straight to mailbox? Thanks, Alex

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back