Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

forward calls to external centrex numbers

Status
Not open for further replies.

jcw2

Programmer
Dec 5, 2005
CA
Call takers want to be able to do a 4 digit (last 4 digits of centrex number)transfer of calls to an office with PSTN centrex lines.

I have set up a DSC of 44 (first 2 digits of centrex number) and a DMI that inserts the NPA and NXX and an RLI that defines the trunk choices.

I tried one test call and it seemed to work but there was quite a delay before I got the centrex voice mail. It normally rings 4 times before forwarding but I didn't hear the ring back.

Is there perhaps a more graceful way of programming this. DCFW on phantoms isn't practical as there are currently 25 centrex numbers and perhaps more in the future.

If you never heard the ring back, and it rings 4 times before voice mail, that's over 20 seconds of delay. I contend that during your test calls, there was either bad trunks or all trunks busy, or something else in play.

If I misunderstood, other things to tweak are the EOD and ODT timers in the Route Data Block.

~~~
[small]GHTROUT.com | Get the Input/Output Manuals | Tek-Tips FAQs | Recent Replies[/small]

My intention was the call center be able to *transfer* calls to a specific station ie handled manually to 25 different numbers. press <transfer key> 44xx <transfer> hang up.

The system would take the 44xx insert the NPA & NXX and send the call back out on a trunk and to the "far end" via PSTN.

thank you for pointing out the confusion.

I set the FLEN to 4 and that has helped. I'll try more testing Monday when they are back to full staff.

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back