Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Forward a phone to a different VM box

Status
Not open for further replies.

GuardguyMO

Technical User
Feb 3, 2010
US
I have a user that wants to forward their phone at the end of the day to another user. When they do this it rings on the other phone, but the message is left on the phone that was forwarded from (original phone). We want for the message to be left on the phone that it is forwarded to. I tried to add the DN to the Extension DN 2 field and I get an error that the "Object Already Exists" (both users have VM boxes). I tried using the Revert DN and was able to save the new config, but the phone still went to the original VM box and not the forwarded VM box. Where would I enter the 2nd DN at to get this to work? Is there any additional programming that needs to be done?

The system is working as designed, in other words message is left in the original dialed numbers mailbox. You could add the DN in the other users mailbox BUT you would have to remove the orginal persons mailbox.

It's a phone system, NOT a clock!

What do you think about this idea? Do you think I could build a phantom DN and forward that number to the other persons VM box and then have the first person forward their phone to the phantom number?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back