Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

forum on Borland C++ Builder?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TomZC

Programmer
Oct 22, 2002
US
I need to find a forum about Borland's C++ Builder. I'm having a nightmare time trying to get it to install. If you could direct me to such a forum, I would be grateful.

In case anyone here has an idea on how I can solve my troubles, here's what I plan to post. I installed the evaluation version of Borland's C++ Builder on my Win 2K machine. I decided it was terrific and went out and bought the full version. I tried to uninstall the evaluation version, but the Windows uninstaller under the Control Panel wasn't running right. I couldn't find any special Borland uninstall program either. Then I figured maybe I could install the full version over the eval one. No dice. The full version's install package complained that the eval version had to be uninstalled first. For this reason, I tried to uninstall it with CyberMedia Uninstaller. That only uninstalled part of it, but left other parts. So I tried to manually uninstall it by deleting its program files and then running a registry cleaning program. The full version STILL complained about the trial version being there and having to be uninstalled. So I ran the Win 2K install program to repair my install of Win 2K so that I could get back the Windows uninstaller. That worked. I got that back. However, it still won't uninstall the C++ Builder because it says an uninstall file is missing (no doubt one I deleted in my attempt at a manual uninstall -- man, am I regretting that move). So I decided to reinstall the trial version for the purpose of getting that back and then running the Windows Uninstaller to finally get rid of the thing. No luck. The eval version's install package now complains that there's already an eval version installed and that I must uninstall that first. But I CAN'T uninstall it. I'm going nuts trying to tell my computer, "The Borland C++ Trial version is gone -- let me install the full version." My odd work hours make it difficult for me to call tech support during normal business hours. There must be some dumb thing in the registry that my registry cleaner didn't get. Any advice on how to solve this conundrum or where I should post it would be appreciated.

Wow, if you can't find the forum you may find it difficult to do C++ development.

Anyway click here: forum101

good luck
-pete

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back