Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Formulas

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlanBreck1000

Programmer
Oct 20, 2005
US
Anybody know how many formulas you can have in a procedure. I am using Clarion 5.0 professional and when a reach a specific number of formulas and tell the program OK to save it completely drops out of the program?

Hi!

I never use formulas but use the embeds directly. To find the right embed, define a formula, go the Embeditor and choose Source, find the formula and the nearest embed to it and copy the formula code. Delete the formula and add all calculation in the embed.

Since you are using a very old version, you are stuck with whatever limitations it has.

Regards

Shankar,
Please correct me if I am wrong, the following is my code in the embeditor:

! End of "Process Manager Method Data Section"
CODE
! Start of "Process Manager Method Executable Code Section"
! [Priority 500]

LocalOne = LEFT(INI:Local,0)

The formula is of course LocalOne=LEFT(INI:Local,0)

All the above code is grayed out so I cannot delete it.

But if I can delete the formula then go to the embed and add the formula am I on the right track?

Thank you

Hi!

The idea of adding a dummy formula is to identify where the code is being generated and sice the formula code is inserted by the template, it will be greyed out. Just find the nearest embed to it and copy/paste the formula code. Remove the formula and after that you can make all the additions/corrections in that embed you just created.

Regards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back