Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Formulas for Aging Count Report

Status
Not open for further replies.

vhagerty

Technical User
May 6, 2005
US
I need some help on a report I'm working on. I use CR9 with SQL (Track-It 7.5). As part of the reports I submit monthly I need a count of open tickets for particular ranges (0, 2-5, 6-10, 11-5, 16-20, 21+, Avg and Total). Instead of pulling this on the date I run this report is it possible to be able to have some way to query an aging report based on a particular date? This would allow me to pull the aging report as of the EOM even if I didnt pull it on that date.

The canned report from Track-It I have been trying to work with has the below.

isnull({TASKS.COMPLETED}) or trim(totext({TASKS.COMPLETED})) = ""
if (CurrentDateTime - {@dtOpenDate}) < 10 then 1 else 0
if (CurrentDateTime - {@dtOpenDate}) > 10 then 1 else 0

Any suggestions?

Virginia

Hi,
Instead of using the CurrentDateTime function, create a Date type parameter and enter the date you want to use..

Create a formula, like your example, for each interval you need to count and place them in the details,something like:
Code:
@2to5days
if ({?DateParam} - {@dtOpenDate}) > 1 and ({?DateParam} - {@dtOpenDate}) < 6 ) then 1 else 0

...Suppress their output and SUM them for each total you need..You can also SUM the SUMs for your total and compute the Average as well.

[profile]

To Paraphrase:"The Help you get is proportional to the Help you give.."

I tried the below and just came up with zeros in the GF. What am I doing wrong?

Virginia

Group by {tasks.wo_num}

Record Selector
{TASKS.STATUS} <> "Completed"

Date Paramater
{?AgingAsOf}

Formulas
Aging = 0
if ({?Agingasof} - {@dtOpenDate})= 0 then 1 else 0
Aging = 1-5
if ({?agingasof} - {@dtOpenDate}) >0 and ({?agingasof} - {@dtOpenDate}) <6 then 1 else 0
dtOpenDate
UTCtoLocal ({tasks.opendate})

Detail (suppressed)
{@Aging = 0} {@Aging = 1-5}

GF
Sum of Detail formulas

You should check to see if your formulas are returning negative values. Your parameter date must be some date greater than your {@dtOpenDate}. You should also verify that there are in fact records that meet these criteria.

-LB

I'm almost there!! When I removed the grouping I started getting numbers. Now I just need to get an average number of days open to go with this.

Virginia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back