Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Formulas Evaluation

Status
Not open for further replies.

nag999

Programmer
Apr 16, 2003
IN
Hi

I want the values of the formulas to be displayed on top. But the values are calculated later in the report. when i place them on report header to display it shows the inital values. Here we are giving the points on the total order each store get. Now the situation is for total points we worte a formula which evaluates correct if we place it below the points as subtotal for every store.If we place it on top it could not retain the value. How shall we show the actual values.

Store # 2 Total Points:75

Orders By
Year Count Points
2000 30 50
2001 20 25

Store # 3 Total Points:100

Orders By
Year Count Points
2000 40 50
2001 30 50

Note: Order Count > 25 then points =50 ; Order Count < 25 then Points = 25

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
Nagaraj

right click on the points field and choose insert > summary > sum and evaluate at the group level.

Once the sum has been created in the footer, simply move it to the group header.

let me know how you get on....

Reebo
Scotland (Sunny with a Smile)

Hi Reeboo,

Getting the totals on top is causing the problem. Is there any way to show the added store points on top?

I want the values of the formulas to be displayed on top. But the values are calculated later in the report. when i place them on report header to display it shows the inital values. Here we are giving the points on the total order each store get. Now the situation is for total points we worte a formula which evaluates correct if we place it below the points as subtotal for every store.If we place it on top it could not retain the value. How shall we show the actual values.

Stores Report Total Store Points : 175

Store # 2 Total Points:75

Orders By
Year Count Points
2000 30 50
2001 20 25

Store # 3 Total Points:100

Orders By
Year Count Points
2000 40 50
2001 30 50

Note: Order Count > 25 then points =50 ; Order Count < 25 then Points = 25

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
Nagaraj

It sounds like you are using running totals.

Here's a little tip for you, and anyone else reading this thread. Crystal Reports Running Totals are a load of rubbish....they don't always behave as they are meant to.

Now, re-read my post above, and follow it, for the total sum, copy the summary field you have created and place it in the report header.

Reebo
Scotland (Sunny with a Smile)

Hi Reebo,

Thats correct. But this report which I am showing you is an subreport. To Show it in an Main report I have to collect it in a Shared Variable. But When I print the total score of store in Main report it is showing the default value. But not the actual value,which was evaluated in the Subreport. Because the formulae place over the subreport get executed first and value of it is updated by Subreport later. Which result in dispalying the intial values. This is what I want to aviod.

Is there any way to reflect that value shown above subreport to have the value calculated in subreport.which is present on top of Subreport in Main report.

Any suggestions?

Regards,
Nagaraj

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back