Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Formulas changing with refresh

Status
Not open for further replies.

doorok

Technical User
Mar 20, 2003
US
I have one sheet in excel pulling data from an Access database every month. There is one record for each day. For instance in January, 03, I had 31 records. If I query February, 03, excel will pull 28 records. I have a second sheet that takes each record and displays the rows as columns and does a number of calculations. I am having a problem however whenever the number of records changes (different months with different number of days).
For instance, to pull the record into my second sheet displaying the 28th day I have the following function: =IF(ISBLANK(Sheet1!B31),0,Sheet1!B31). This works fine for February, but in January (or any month with 31 days, the formula automatically changes itself to =IF(ISBLANK(Sheet1!B314),0,Sheet1!B34). This displays the 31st day instead of the 28th day and skips the 28th, 29th, and 30th days. I don't understand why the formula is changing when the data refreshes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back