Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Formula with grouping problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

gmal1

IS-IT--Management
Mar 4, 2008
US
I am not able to mak ethis work:
if {ChargesAll.PostDt} in dateserial(year(currentdate), month(currentdate)-25, 1)to
dateserial(year(currentdate),month(currentdate)-11, 1)-1 then Sum({ChargesAll.ChgAmt},{ChargesAll.Division}) else 0

Seems it should sum by that Group, but doesnt. Works without group, but then I must use Insert, Summary, and I cant use that in subsequent formulas. I need it to group the sum by Division, and be able to use that @formula in another formula.

thank you

Your formula should be:

if {ChargesAll.PostDt} in dateserial(year(currentdate), month(currentdate)-25, 1)to
dateserial(year(currentdate),month(currentdate)-11, 1)-1 then {ChargesAll.ChgAmt}

Place this in the detail section and then right click on it and insert a sum on it at the division group level (or at other levels, too, if you wish).

-LB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back