Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Formula which calculates the last day of the month

Status
Not open for further replies.

WasTB

MIS
Apr 13, 2010
GB
I'm working with CR Standard v11.
I have an Invoice Table, which gives me an invoice date. What I want to do is calculate the payment due date, but rather than 30 days from Invoice Date, it needs to be the last day of the following month.
For instance; if the Invoice Date is 19 March 2010, the due date should be 30 April 2010, and if the Invoice Date is 3 February 2010, the due date should be 28 February 2010.

The payment terms will range from 30 days through to 120 days, but I reckon if I can get the basic formula, I can work out the rest.

Your sample dates don't follow your own logic. Anyway, use a formula like this:

dateserial(year({table.invdate}),month({table.invdate})+2,1)-1

-LB

YOur feb data does not make sense, surely due date is 31 March 2010.

Easiest way to determine last day of month is to subtract 1 day from first of following month.

Formula below adds 2 months to invoice date, determins fits of that month and subtracts 1 day.

@duedate

Date(year(dateadd("m", 2, invoicedate)), month(dateadd("m", 2, invoicedate)), 01)-1

Ian

Oops..... you're right, (maybe I got a bit carried away with the question). But thanks for that, it works perfectly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back