Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Formula to take into Account Working Hours and Weekends

Status
Not open for further replies.

keenoafc

IS-IT--Management
Apr 9, 2013
GB
Hi

I need to calculate the date/time difference between two date fields in my database. I can do this using the DateDiff function.

However I need to also factor into this datediff formula. Working hours and weekends.

So if the working hours are 08:00am to 17:00pm Monday to Friday (CET Timezone).

Can i amend the DateDiff formula or use a different formula which will only calculate the difference between the two date/time fields taking into account the above Working Hours only. Effectively stopping the clock and not counting any Hours/mins outside of these times.

My Current DateDiff formula is: datediff("n", {BMCServiceDesk__Incident__c.BMCServiceDesk__openDateTime__c}, {BMCServiceDesk__Incident__c.BMCRF_Coty_Resolved_Date__c})

THis brings me back the value in Minutes. Not sure if there is such a way to convert this to also display the difference in Days, Hours and Minutes.

Appreciate any tips or insight here

Thanks

Look at the FAQs on this topic. Try Ken Hamady's "Common Formulas" FAQ to see his working days formula, for example.

-LB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back