Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Formula : Show Database Name on a report?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PeteytheSnake

Programmer
Mar 13, 2002
US
I need to display the database name the report is using on all my reports in the footer. This is to verify that all the reports were correctly migrated from Test to Production. Is there any formulas in CR 8.5 to do this? I can't seem to find any.

Thanks!

To the best of my knowledge this is not available.

The best alternative I can give you is a report definition which will show this information. Execute the report and then click on the export icon. When you select an export format, choose "Report Definition". It will show the data files used in the report as well as some other useful info such as formula fields, record selections, etc. Software Support for Macola, Crystal Reports and Goldmine
dgilsdorf@mchsi.com

Dear PeteytheSnake:

Create a SQL Expression. I am reporting on a SQL 2000 database, I insert the following SQL Expression and place it on my report and tada, the name of the database appears!

The function is found under the Functions Folder, System which also gives you the user.. the functions change depending on the database backend and odbc connection, so hopefully this will work for you!

{fn DATABASE()}

Hope this is helpful,

ro Rosemary Lieberman
rosemary@microflo.com, Microflo provides expert consulting on MagicTSD and Crystal Reports.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back