Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Formula Question - In List

Status
Not open for further replies.

filthepitome

Technical User
Aug 29, 2006
US
Let me first say I am pretty new to this type of reporting, so please forgive me if my question is stupid. I have been trying to reference other reports but can't figure this out.

Lets say my data table looks like this

Group Name Cost
East1 $10.00
East2 $10.00
East3 $10.00
West1 $20.00
West2 $20.00

In my data provider, I pull results to display everything shown above, but to "group" the results, I want the Cost field to show the Sum of the Easts groups (East 1, 2 and 3)

I can get a formula to work using the following syntax

=(<Cost> Where(<Group Name>="East1"))

This will display $10.00 in the report. But what I can't figure out is how to have a list of East1,East2,East3 and have the cost field display $30.00. I have looked through help, looked through other report examples, tried everything I could. And search here is down :(

TIA

Insert an outer group on this formula:

left({table.group},4)

Then you can right click on your amount field and insert a sum at the group level. Of course this formula won't work if you have group instances like "south", "north".

-LB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back