Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

formula problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

trinifrancis

Technical User
Jun 28, 2010
TT
i have a worksheet with a list of students in the rows in the columns i have a question one for example and their marks, full marks represented by the number of points (5) for example under heading "y" in the next column if they answer wrong (0) under heading "n" and another column for a partial answer (3) for example under heading "p" what i need to do and am getting problems using null values with the "if" statement is to total the number of students who got question one correct,total wrong and total number of students who answered partially

Any help would be much appreciated
sandy

sandy,

You would help your cause is you were to paste a sample of your data and paste the formula that you are having problems with.

Skip,
[sub]
[glasses]Just traded in my old subtlety...
for a NUANCE![tongue][/sub]

Some of us have company security that prohibits us from downloading material from the net.

Please PASTE an example as previously requested including the formula in question.

Skip,
[sub]
[glasses]Just traded in my old subtlety...
for a NUANCE![tongue][/sub]

Hi Sandy

I have had a look at your spreadsheet and it looks like a count function would do nicely

=COUNT(B4:B41)/COUNTA($A7:$A41)

This is assuming that you want to automatically calculate th percentages.
If you put that formula into cell B48 on your mathematics sheet this will calculate the percentage of correct answers.

Impossible is Nothing

Just had another look and if you are trying to get the percentage mark for each student the formula will be

=SUM(B7:AN8)/SUM(B$2:AN$2)

In cell AO7

Impossible is Nothing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back