Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Formula pain part2 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brimestone

IS-IT--Management
Oct 31, 2002
CA
Hey guys, I need help on reworking this formula you helped me with a few years ago, thread68-1330475

=B6+MIN(5000/D9,150)+(TEXT(B6+MIN(5000/D9,150),"ddd")="Sun")

It figures mileage and a date for our customers next appointment but not to pick Sunday. Now we don't want to pick Saturday or Sunday. Ask me anything to do with cars, and I can fix it, but this stuff kills me every time.

Thanks for your help

Rob

Computers are like a bag of hammers, they won't do a damn thing until you pick it up and SMASH something with it!!

Hi,
[tt]
=B6+MIN(5000/D9,150)
+(or(TEXT(B6+MIN(5000/D9,150),"ddd")="Sat",TEXT(B6+MIN(5000/D9,150),"ddd")="Sun"))
[/tt]

Skip,
[sup][glasses]Don't let the Diatribe...
talk you to death![tongue][/sup][sub]
[glasses]Just traded in my old subtlety...
for a NUANCE![tongue][/sub]

Thanks skip, but it didn't work, the first argument did as expected, it move the appointment date up a day to Sunday but the second argument didn't do anything and left the day on Sunday

Any other ideas, I tried a few things but couldn't get it to work, if only I could write a script in basic I could make it work. IF-THEN arguments are more predicable.

I should stick to fixing cars...

Thanks

Computers are like a bag of hammers, they won't do a damn thing until you pick it up and SMASH something with it!!

How about posting some sample data and the expected result.

Skip,
[sup][glasses]Don't let the Diatribe...
talk you to death![tongue][/sup][sub]
[glasses]Just traded in my old subtlety...
for a NUANCE![tongue][/sub]

Hi Rob,

You could try:
=B6+MIN(INT(5000/D9),150)+(MOD(B6+MIN(INT(5000/D9),150),7)=0)*2+(MOD(B6+MIN(INT(5000/D9),150),7)=1)

Cheers

[MS MVP - Word]

Thanks macropod, that works perfectly, maybe in a week or two I'll figure out why it works, but thanks again.

Rob

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back