Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Formula not showing up in Group Sort dropdown

Status
Not open for further replies.

terrym777

Technical User
Jun 14, 2010
US
thread149-1608140
I am trying a new approach and I thought I might have had the solution until I tried to Group by a formula that I created. What I am trying to do is to somehow print statements with multiple pages at the beginning of the print job. Using a line counter is too complicated as I have a variable number of comment lines; a subreport with a variable number of payment lines; and other details that would effect my total count of lines. I have tried using running total counters but I am still not having much luck. So I created a formula that does a comparison on the customer number from the previous page. It will display False if the customer number is different and it will display True if the statement went to 2 pages. This is being displayed in the Page Header section. I want to Group Sort by this formula so that any page 2 statement is printed either at the beginning or the end of all the statements. When I try to select this formula for grouping, it is not listed in the dropdown selection. Any suggestions?

Here is my latest formula(I also tried this without using a variable):

StringVar PageGroup;
If OnFirstRecord Then
PageGroup := "False"
Else
(If Previous({STATEMENT.ID}) = {STATEMENT.ID} Then
PageGroup := "True"
Else
PageGroup := "False")

You can't group on formulas that use Previous or Next.

-Dell

A computer only does what you actually told it to do - not what you thought you told it to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back