Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

formula needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

bbenaway

Instructor
Sep 19, 2002
We have spread sheet that our pilots use that calculates weight and balance for there medical flights. Am attaching a pic as an example.

Have created a dropdown list of personal in column B from column d. Column E contains the current weight of the personel. What I am wanting is when selecting a persons name, I am wanting to carry that persons weight(column e) of that person select to another part of the spreadsheet, where many other caculations are figured in (not shown on this sheet). In this case the weight would be carried to column B3 (green shade area)

Using named ranges,
[tab][COLOR=blue white]=VLOOKUP(rngPilotName, rngLookupTable, 2, 0)[/color]

I'd suggest you used a dynamic Named Range for the lookup table in case you add more pilots later.

[tt][blue]-John[/blue][/tt]
[tab][red]The plural of anecdote is not data[/red]

Help us help you. Please read FAQ 181-2886 before posting.

Did you get it sorted, bbenaway?

[tt][blue]-John[/blue][/tt]
[tab][red]The plural of anecdote is not data[/red]

Help us help you. Please read FAQ 181-2886 before posting.

Thanks for the input anotherhiggins. Just got home and are looking at it, but to be honest, haven't worked with a VLOOKUP before. Not sure where to start.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back