Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Formula in Crystal Reports 10

Status
Not open for further replies.

ccanalia

Technical User
Jul 27, 2004
US
I am trying to run this report from some data that my office uses. I have this general report where I have organizations that are listed by their ID in the report. {osOrganization.orgId} I need to take that data and write a formula somehwere that will turn the ID information into the actual organization name. {osOrganization.organization} I am farily new to this and dont know if it will be a parameter or if it will be an actual formula. Can anyone help??
Thanks

Is there a table that has the orgnaization id's and there corresponding names? It would be easiest to join this table in and then just display the organization name rather than creating a formula that may need to be updated if your organizations change.

~Brian

It looks like {osOrganization.organization} is the organization name that you want to display. Just place this field on the report instead of the {osOrganization.orgId} field. Since they are in the same table, it doesn't look like you need to link any other tables into the report.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back