Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Formula Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

hbarbs

Instructor
Mar 20, 2006
US
I am trying to place $0.00 in a column where the fields are not being fulfilled, which seems simple enough. I have tried a bunch of formulas, but am not getting anything...just errors. I am sure I am putting in the wrong forumla. Any suggestions on the correct format.

Thanks a bunch!

Fields not being fulfilled is pretty fuzzy, try to use technical terms if you can.

Generally successful posts include:

Crystal version
Database/connectivity used
Example data
Expected output

If you mean that you have a numeric field in the details section which does not return data, yet you still need to display a zero for it, so state. Note that my suggestion states what you have and where, and what you need.

In somke cases one is best suited to provide all of the data from the datasource, in others you might code formulas, or you may be able to use a cross-tab to accomplish this.

-k

Thanks so much for the tips. This is my first time on.

I am running Crystal 8.5 with Blackbaud's Raiser's Edge.

The field is a numeric/currency field in the group header. The report is actually displaying a total pledge amount for each selected church. Some do not have pledges yet (no data present), but yes I still need to dispay a zero amount.

I hope I gave enough info. Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back