Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Formula help needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

SeeBee

Technical User
Mar 18, 2002
US
I have created a form that looks just like an Excel spreadsheet. The form has 5 rows and 6 columns. Our customer will complete 1 to 5 rows & and the first & sixth cell of each row, depending on their request. If the first cell (in each row) is complete, then the sixth cell (of that same row) must be complete. If two rows have been completed and that is all the customer wants, how do I indicate in a formula that the validation doesn't need to occur. Is there some way to 'reset' at the end of each row (sixth cell). Customer could possibly 'tab' to next row and not enter anything in that first cell, and that would still be ok - and not create the pop-up validation error.

In my sample code below (which is the formula I currently have in the sixth cell), Prefix is the required first cell and Category is the sixth cell, from which customer selects from a drop down list. [red]Note: this formula does not work correctly, because of other blank rows not completed.[/red]

@If(Prefix_!= "" & Category_1 = ""; @Failure("Please select a category."); @Success)

Thanks for the help,
Seebee

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back