Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Formula for sorting data in a bar chart error. Crystal XI

Status
Not open for further replies.

CAFCrew

Programmer
Jan 5, 2005
GB
Hi Guys,

I have a problem in Crystal XI that is very irritating. I am trying to do a conditional formula for the sort order on a Bar chart and am failing. If you run the report and then navigate into the formaula editer and create a formula then when you save and close the data changes to reflect the formula.

if you then run the whole report again via a refresh or the front end, then the sort reverts back to the previous version

The formula is still present against the chart,however it seems to ignore it. If you then go into the formula editor and simly "save and close" then once again the data corrects itself. Any ideas anyone?

Many thanks in advance for your help

If noone else pipes up with an easy way to do this, then you might consider CRChart, the 3rd party charting replacement library for CR. It has an @SORT macro that would easily do what you want.

-Dan

Disclosure: This product costs money. I work for the company that makes this product.

Dan Weingart
OEM Technical Manager
Three D Graphics, Inc.

Thanks Dan,

no other responses as yet. Thanks for the tip on the software, but i think that its unlikely that the company will purchase more software based on this one problem. I will forward the question to business objects and if still no joy i suspect the client will be told that we are not able to deliver this requirement.

Thanks for taking the time to reply

Matt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back