Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Formula Editing in Crystal Reports

Status
Not open for further replies.

spidydotnet

IS-IT--Management
Jun 7, 2003
GB
I am very new to crystal reports formula editing.. I am thinking to do this.. If RequestASample is true then I want to change the Background color of that field..

How can I create or use a formula in the formula editor to do this.. Any advice will be appreciated..

Spidy.NET
'Discussion is Knowledge'

I use Crystal within Visual Studio. The way that you can do this is if you right click on the field and select Change Highlighting then you can set certain parameters in there to change the background colour of a field. Hope this helps

Place the field on the report if you have not already done so.
Right click the field and choose Format Field.
CLick the Border tab.
Click the X+2 button next to Background.
In the Editor that opens up, enter your logic like this sample:
Code:
if {table.RequestASample} = True then
    crRed
else
    crNoColor

~Brian

Hi guys,

I have a doubt in this. Is it possible to have a custom color as a background by writing something like crCustom. I tried this but i am getting a back background.

Thanks
Manish

Manish

You should be able to use:

Color (237,237,237) in place of CrCustom

replacing the values with your required RGB values to get the colour of background that you are looking for.

HTH

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back