Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Forms With no Fields

Status
Not open for further replies.

bradleyhorn

Technical User
Sep 15, 2004
US
Hello All,

I have several Tables I just brought into SQL-Server from Access. When I open up the Access forms that report to the new tables, they have labels/headers but no active form fields. What are the possible issues here? Is it something about the database? Or the Form?

Bradley

is your Access db linking to the SQL server tables properly? what is the recordsource of the form? when you open the recordsource directly, does it appear ok? or are they all unbound controls?

Ginger,

The recordsource of the form is a query. When I run the query there is no data as it is an empty table. There is no white space under the query fields when it is run. I am not sure if there is a problem with the query or if it is just because there is no data in the table.

The fields are all bound to the results of the query.

Bradley

What is the value of the AllowAdditions property of the form ?

Hope This Helps, PH.
Want to get great answers to your Tek-Tips questions? Have a look at FAQ219-2884 or FAQ222-2244

then your answer is that there is either no data in the table or the query is written incorrectly. Check the table and see if there is data. If there is, and you can manually see that there should be records returned from the query but there are not, paste you query here so we can see what the trouble is.

I think I will just rebuild the forms on the new SQL-Server tables. Deadlines have me by the nose/neck. I know I can re-build what was lost in the coversion in half a day. So sad.

Thanks for your help,
Bradley

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back