Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Forms that send information like name to email 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

47redlands

Programmer
Mar 9, 2010
GB
Hi I want to use a form on a website that collects information like:

first name, surname, email, address and comments. When the user press a send button the information will be sent to the users email.

What is the best way? I have seen that there are online forms but i have not found one that i like

Can anybody help? Thank you?

The first step to making a form function is to determine what scripting or programming language is supported by your particular server. ...php, asp, cgi, pl, cfm?

There are literally thousands of scripts available to send mail from a web form. Rather than have people just repeat what you might already know that you don't like, what do you not like about the ones that you've already found?

47redlands,

Depending upon the complexity of your site, and how much you are looking to change, you can look into a CMS - that's assuming you don't want to do the programming/scripting yourself.... or that you'd rather just get it done for now, and look into custom programming later..

If you do want to check into one, here's a site that lists/compares several:

Also, if you're hosting on a paid hosting plan, then the web host provider very likely has some scripts that you can "one-click" install to add to an existing site.

I personally prefer drupal - - a CMS, but some other popular ones are Joomla and WordPress. There are really too many to list. I prefer Drupal, b/c you CAN run it pretty much "out of the box" now, with very little knowledge of php, etc if you prefer, or you can go as deep/detailed as you want - so it can fit any scenario.

The only thing to bear in mind, with a CMS, in my opinion and from my experience so far, is to make SURE your web host provider handles CMSes well in general.. basically make sure the database performance is okay. I ended up going with ANHosting for that reason based on other references.. which is owned by midPhase hosting.. but that's going off further than I need to.

Anyway, hopefully some of that is useful for ya. ;0)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back