Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

forms opened by switchboard not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

chainedtodesk

Programmer
Feb 26, 2003
US
i have a database running in access 2007 (split db) with a frontend and backend. the switchboard is setup with an add button and an edit button. button 1 the add - opens a form with switchboard option = 2 and it allows users to add new records. button 2 the edit - opens a form with switchboard option = 3 but they can not edit the record. i checked to see if the allowedit, and others were set correctly and they are, i also checked to see if the fields we locked and they are not. all of the fields appear ok, combos show available data, etc etc. but they cannot make any changes. if i pull this up in admin mode i see on the bottom of the screen that the recordset is not updateable. what needs to be done to make this work. nothing has changed in this DB for months and this used to function ok, now nothing works?? any and all help will be appreciated. thanks

Did the users recently get new machines, or office reinstalled by chance? I'm asking, just in case they need to enable content, or else change their settings so that all code works when they open a database with custom code.

"But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ." 1 Corinthians 15:57

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back