Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Forms in word

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zugdud

IS-IT--Management
Feb 26, 2003
US
Hi, i want to create a form in word that when a user enters information it's auto formated to a specific font and font size and the user can't adjust the text boxes, any ideas? I tried text boxes but cant figure out how to lock them down, thanks

first you'll have to use the forms toolbar. on this there are options, the one you'll want to use is the text form field. you can specify the type of text (or data) that is used, and the maximum length if needed (right click on the field to get to the properties). set the font and size as normal in the font format menu.

once you have your form the way u want it, dont forget to protect it - tools > protect document... then highlight the forms option and clear any section (if u have any) that u dont want locked. (dont forget to use a password or anyone can take that protection off)

try it before using just to make sure you have it how u want it.

Cool that turned out to be real easy thanks for the help!!!! you da man

I have tried to protect a section following the steps outlined above, however when I click 'unprotect' it doesn't ask me for a password, even though I specified one.
Any ideas? I am using Word 2002. (the document is in RTF format - should that make any difference?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back