Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Forms get bigger on different computers 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

pdddms

Programmer
Jul 3, 2004
US
I have an app and on similar resolutions, the forms appear larger. example

Form1 has its background set to a BMP. At design time the form is size adjusted to just fit the BMP in and all controls are adjusted for astetic purposes. I set form for screen center in the form explorer window.

on some computers the for itself gets bigger producing offcenter BMP and it looks horrible

Any suggestions?

LoL Concepts®

To fix a form's size and position, set the Form Borderstyle property to 1 - Fixed single, set it's Moveable property to False and set it's StartupPosition property to 2 - CentreScreen (or 1 - CentreOwner)

'If we're supposed to work in Hex, why have we only got A fingers?'

i appreciate your feedback i have changed the forms with those setting they were all over the place as afar as the borderstyle was concerned. Thank You

LoL Concepts®

This sounds like it could be something to do with the font size settings on the PC i.e. small or large fonts. I had a similar issue with one of my forms, the only way i resolved it was to make sure it looked ok on 'Large Fonts' and then it normally looked ok on Small Fonts too.

Dave

johnwm,
Just what I was looking for, Center a form.
how 'bout another star!

DougP, MCP, A+

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back