Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Forms created by Access 2007 hang up!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

JUANCARLOS

Programmer
Oct 30, 2000
PE
I have a application in Access wiht several forms tables querys, created in Access 2007, but i have to downgrade to Access 2003 i execute the save as funcion and generate a Access 2003 application, but sometimes when i add a control, modificate colors or any other format, access hang up when i restart all changes are lost.

This happen all the time.

I discover,when i create a form in blank in the same aplication, and copy objects from the form that hang up and in this form, i made the changes, this form never hang up.

I only conclude, that when i migrate from 2007 to 2003 the forms have an error that poduce to access 2003 hang up

Can anyone can help me arround this problem, i have this problems in several computers, this is not problem atached to a computer.

Any comments y will appreciate

Ty in advance

Juan Carlos Herrera

I don't use Access 2007 so this is just what I would try first...

After converting the database to Access 2003 format, create a new 2003 database using Access 2003. Import everything from the old file into the new. Open a Moudule and complie all modules. Hopefully errors either jumped out at you or it will work. If not, hopefully someone else will know.

Ty for ur response lameid, but that is not the problem, i have already a accdb and need to covert to mdb, i using the save us Access XP 2003 option in the file menu in access 2007.

When execute i have a mdb with the forms created in access 2007, this forms always hang up when i add a control or change design.

U have the same problem?

Juan Carlos

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back