Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Forms + calculations + linking...big question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlackEvo

Technical User
Sep 23, 2002
US
I have recently acquired DreamWeaver MX. Before i begin, ive done alot of HTML work before in the past and im familiar with SQL, Java, C/C++ and VB. Here is my question: I play alot of john madden 2003 football for the playstation 2. Lately, ive been playing in alot of online leagues and many features that these leagues dont have are stats. I had an idea but im not sure on how to go about it. What im looking for are some tips and some resources/direction to get me started.

First of all, i would like to make a form for the user to go to and enter in player stats after a game is over. I would like a menu list for 2 things. 1 being the week the game was played and 2 being the team of that player. On this form i am going to have for example, yards, yards per carry and touch downs. After the user enters that information, id like it to be linked to a database. In this database for the week selected the stats will go. As the weeks progress i would like the database to perform simple addition and division equations to keep stats updated and averages updated. What would be the best language to work with in this case out of DW and any resources i could use to learn how to do this entirely.

Thanks for any help.

take a look at
go ahead and register - its very unused now.

see what portions you want.

"Never underestimate the power of determination"

Stuart

Status
Not open for further replies.