Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Forms button

Status
Not open for further replies.

knuckelhead

Technical User
Aug 8, 2002
US

I have a form button on my frmJunction.
The purpose is to run a crosstab Qry. The Qry runs fine but it is Minimized on the tray below. i think it has to do with my Forms all using "YES" for Popup and Modal.

how can i get the results to be maximized??

Private Sub APPOINTMENTS_Click()
DoCmd.Maximize
DoCmd.OpenQuery "QryAppointmentsXtab"
End Sub

So why not remove the Popup & Modal on your form to view your query? Does your form need to be Popup & Modal.

If not, can you not put your query in a report, run your report and minimize your form while you view your report.

i just tried your approach but the xtab fields do not show in the report wizard.

i can't remove the popup and modal. the user demands it.
the data involves an appointment Date field which i was hoping to make a crosstab for a user selected week by customer. so of like a poor man's calendar.

any ideas?

How are ya knuckelhead . . .
knuckelhead said:
[blue]I can't remove the popup and modal.[/blue]
Then your forced to display the query in its own [blue]popup[/blue] form!

Calvin.gif
See Ya! . . . . . .

I tried that. when i try to make a Form using this crosstab Qry, using the wizard, I see NO fields to choose for the Form. None show.

I just tried a simplier 2nd crosstab with a different Qry. I CAN see the fields in the Form wizard.

so now i am thinking that my first qry has something going on that needs fixing first. i will let you know.

a last point. i took the good 2nd test Qry and put it into my Form button. once again, the result were minimized and not accessible until i went to exit out. so the popup and modal thing came into play again. here is the data inside the button. maybe you see something to allow it to be maxed? it is now minimized even though i have a maximize command.

Private Sub APPOINTMENT_Calendar_Click()
DoCmd.Maximize
DoCmd.OpenQuery "Qry123"
End Sub

Knucklehead

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back