Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Forms Builder 6i: Calculated Item-Value into DB

Status
Not open for further replies.

heike

Programmer
Aug 10, 2004
US
Hi all,
I am a Newbie in Forms and have got a problem:
Through a Forms App I want to fill a table in my database. The Form and the table both exist already. One of the Items in my Form is a calculated item, that is calculated with a formula of the values of two other items.
My question is how is it possible to get the calculated value into my table. The only hint I've got is to use WHEN-VALIDATE-ITEM, but I don't know anything about the rest to do...Will somebody help me?
Thanx in advance
Heike

If this item is database item, then you dont have to do anything to store this item in database, as you have given the formula, value will be calculated on its own. and if it is not database item, u will have to write insert/update statment.

I would imagine this would only require a forms trigger on the item(field). Something like: When updated insert into.....etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back