Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Forms and visibility 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

ACTHelp

MIS
Feb 8, 2005
US
I have an application that runs on a pc and loads data. This application runs for quite awhile so I've developed a few screens to let the users know where in the load process the program is. So.. first I have a main status form which has the high level steps the application goes through:

Step A

Step B

Step C

Step D

When each step begins I change the color of the label and when that step completes I delete the label and move to the next step.

During step A, some data is loaded. That data consists of 4 types of files with data for each of 20 market areas in the United States. I open another form (not a sub or a linked form) that is based upon a table where I update the progress of this load. Hence the users can see at a glance what has loaded and what remains to be loaded..

My problem is that when I open the second from...everything works fine, except the second form opens behind the current form and can't be seen. How do I make it visible (in front of the other form).

Opening of the Initial form:

gfrmStatus.Visible = True

Opening of the second form:

Form_frmPowerPlaytoExcelStatus.Visible = True
Form_frmPowerPlaytoExcelStatus.SetFocus
Form_frmPowerPlaytoExcelStatus.Refresh

The form frmPowerPlaytoExcelStatus opens and works fine, except it is behind gfrmstatus and I'd like it in front of gfrmstatus.

Thanks,

is the MODAL property of gfrmstatus set to YES? that keeps it on top of everything else.

Want to get great answers to your Tek-Tips questions? Have a look at FAQ219-2884 or FAQ222-2244. Basics at

Thanks so much Ginger...MODAL was set to No, but Popup was set to yes. Changed Popup to no and it now works great!

Thanks Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back